Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Article Writing , Blogging, and SEO - A Few of My Favorite Sites

Like you, I am bombarded with offers for all kinds of article writing, blogging, SEO, marketing, and social bookmarking sites among other things. For someone who is new to the internet, and even for some of us who have used it for years to find just about anything we are looking for, it is easy to get lost in a sea of information. It is also easy to spend a lot of money on the latest information that is "going to change the way you do business and make you a lot of money at the same time."

While those opportunities evidently do exist, I remain very skeptical of all get-rich-quick schemes, even those from people who have been around a while and still promote making $10,000.00 in a day and so on. Many people have done that, but for most of them it took years of putting in their time and trying different things before they reached that level.

Two parts of internet business that I am just now ready to get a handle on are article writing and blogging. Coming in a close third is SEO (search engine optimization). Not that I feel I have a handle on it, but it does not overwhelm me now just to think about it as it did in the past.

As you can tell if you've read my posts, article writing has quickly become a passion for me. I don't write an article a day as some folks do, but I am probably on task to write 3 a week on average. If all goes as planned, that will increase in coming months, and I look forward to the increase. Along with article writing, my blog is starting to get more attention and is becoming a hobby as well as a passion.

The other part of internet business that seems overwheling is SEO. All of us know that it needs to be done, but few of us feel capable of providing the best SEO for our own sites, let alone helping someone else do it.

In this post I am recommending a few of my favorite FREE sources for help with article writing, blogging, and SEO. Of course, I have provided quite a bit of information on article writing in my posts, but my passion for article writing started with a free resource from http://completeminisites.com. Bill Morin offers some ebooks here for sale, but you can get the 3-part course on article writing for free. I started there then ran across Steve at http://www.999articles.com. His series is a bit longer and will come over a period of days unless you pay for the course, but he gives very good information on the various parts of articles and how to write them for maximum impact.

For blogging I recommend starting with Jim DeSantis at Online Tribune Internet Marketing (http://on-line-tribune-internet-marketing.blogspot.com). Jim provides great information in his blogs and is more than willing to share what he knows.

On the SEO front, I recommend Brad Callen at SEO Elite http://www.seoelite.com you can buy the ebook or just take the free course through email. It is not an all-inclusive read, but it will give you some good ideas on what good SEO is and how to tell if it has been done correctly.

A man who has become near and dear to me is Tim at Traffic Slurp UK SEO Services, a UK based SEO firm. Tim published one of my articles and is working on SEO for me. He really knows his stuff. You can get some great "How to" information from Traffic Slurp or you can hire Tim and his staff to spearhead your SEO for higher search engine rankings.

One great tool Tim uses is his Competitor Link Analysis. Read my article on Increasing PageRank and you'll understand why this tool is so valuable. This tool will help you find out what authority sites are linking to your competitors and give you direction for seeking out these sites for yourself. It gives you this information and so much more. If you are interested in getting quality links for your site, this FREE tool is a must.



Copyright © Claudia Pate

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well written.

Good quality links are hard to find.

Dave Mac

www.g3creative.co.uk